Have you ever wondered, why working at GM is a dream for many? yes ! its “GM Benefits ” that makes GM a more desirable working place. In addition to the attractive salaries, there are amazing other tops up benefits included in GM benefits. Every Multinational Organization offers a wide range of perks and other top-up benefits to its employees, General Motors benefits are on top of all. If you are a GM employee, you can simply click on GM Benefits login that will redirect you to the Fidelity NetBenefits page.
Let us know in detail the GM Benefits in this article.
GM Benefits are curated based on the role of each employee. Every GM employee though working hourly or a salaried person or even a retired GM employee has his own set of benefits.
> Active Salaried > Active hourly > Retired Salaried > Retired hourly > Separated & other.
Savings Plan: GM Retirement Savings Plan (RSP), this plan is made for a GM Employee to save for the future in a convenient way.
Retirement Program: 401 (k) Retirement Savings Plan
GM provides US salaried retirees a lump-sum one-time payment offer and also offers continued monthly pension to other retirees. The pension payment is securely administered and paid by The Prudential Insurance Company of America.
Health Care: Under this category
- Triple tax-advantaged health savings account with GM contribution
- Health Insurance options ( Dental and Vision )
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account and/or Flex Spending Account
- Tobacco-free discount and tobacco cessation program
- A complete wellness program: that includes health coaching, wellness rewards, discounted weight watchers program
- Healthy Pregnancy and Healthy Babies program specially designed for female employees.
Life Insurance: GM also provides Life Insurance options to its employees.
Career enhancement program: GM provides different career-enhancing training programs to its employees.
- Leadership training
- College-bound fund: an opportunity to excel academically.
- Rewards and Recognition program to encourage
- Various online courses for upgrading skills.
- A special recruiting system for internal mobility and advancement.
Disability benefits: GM also offers other top-up benefits for its specially-abled employees.
GM Vehicle discounts: GM offers special employee discounts on its brand new vehicles and also on used cars to its employees through an exclusive program “GM family first”
Additional benefits: Special GM employee discounts from local and national retail & service providers.
- Dependent care benefits: A Pre-tax benefit account to take care of your loved ones that adds to the monthly benefit.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP): to help employees with mental and physical health issues.
- Other Monthly benefits.
- Paid time off based on the service of an employee.
Community Investment: As a GM employee, you also get a paid time off of 8 hours or 4 hours a quarter to volunteer as a team across a walk/ cycle/ marathon for any NGO.
We have seen in detail all the monthly and annual benefits and other top-up benefits at General Motors. We also take pleasure in providing you some important GM retiree phone numbers that are of help to a current employee as well as to a GM retiree.
UAW Retiree Medical Benefits Trust at 1-866-637-7555
Healthcare Blue Cross/Blue Shield (www.bcbsm.com) at 1-877-832-2829
Tobacco Cessation at 1-800-775-2583
GM Cobra Group # 8330 8999
Mental health and substance abuse at 1-888-803-4960
Payroll at 1-866-245-5957
Vehicle Purchase (www.gmfamilyfirst.com) at 1-800-235-4646
PBGC – Pension Benefit Guarantee Corporation (www.pbgc.gov) at 1-800-400-7242
You can also visit GM Financial for career opportunities at GM
GM FAMILY FIRST – Overview About The Discount
GM Extended Family Card
- 1% Returns on credit card purchases if you buy an eligible and new vehicle from, GMC, Chevrolet, Buick, or Cadillac.
- No limit on your earnings.
- You will get combined returns along with your GM Employee Discount and other GM incentives.
For GM extended family card login open this link: https://www.buypowercard.com/login/
GM Accessories Employee Discount.
How it works
Who is eligible for the GM Employee Discount?
All active employees, divestitures, surviving spouses, and retirees can take the GM Family First discount or they can also offer to sponsor the following family members:
- Their spouse
- Grandparents (including in-law and step)
- Siblings (including full, half, and step)
- Same-sex domestic partners
Frequently asked Questions
What is the Estimated Benefit Amounts?
The rough estimate of the lump sum benefit amount a salaried employee gets on retirement based on his current earnings is simply an Estimated Benefit Amounts.
What is the Benefit determination letter?
The Benefit Determination letter shows the final estimated benefit amounts based on the current earnings of a salaried person.
Who issues the Benefit Determination letter?
Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation. GM has been associated with PBGC and each party is trusted to share the information concerned with estimating the benefit amounts accurately. So PBGC is the one that issues the Benefit Determination letter.
What is the Tobacco Cessation Program?
Since dependence on tobacco is alarming, GM has come up with a culturally tailored counseling program to help GM employees quit smoking by motivating towards a behavioral change through different techniques.