General Motors is concerned about your safety. Once they detect any fault in any of the vehicles, GM calls the vehicles back till they are fixed and no longer a threat to anyone’s health. They have done the GM Recall in the past too, the Takata airbag recall was one such incident.
GM will contact you in case if there are any Safety Recalls involving GM vehicles. To check if your vehicle is in recall or not. You need to have your VIN number, then you need to enter the number on the allotted GM website. Once you enter the VIN number, if you see your car then it has been called for GM Recall. GM will also personally notify the affected vehicles in writing in 60 days of the date of recall announcement. Once GM has gone through the vehicles and identified the vehicles which are needed to be recalled. They will place the VIN numbers of those vehicles on the website. Also, keep checking the website after the Recall date as your vehicle may appear at a later date.
General Motors makes it convenient to complete your vehicle’s FREE repair.
- GM will repair your vehicle free of cost. Just contact your dealers for further details.
- Some dealers also provide Extended appointment hours as per your schedule.
- You will also get transportation if it is available at your dealer.
General Motors works hard to find affected owners and vehicles.
General Motors stays quite committed to finding each and every vehicle for any GM Recall if there is any in the future. GM personally contacts owners, so that they can send their vehicle for a free repair. GM will make sure of the following things:
- General Motors will notify all the owners and drivers of the vehicle through the following sources:
- GM dealerships
- GM entities
- Department of Motor Vehicles in a few states
- General Motors will also look for affected cars that are put up for sale on used car platforms. GM contacts various used car platforms and listing services to and find out the affected vehicles. GM also contacts the seller so that they can get the vehicle repaired before they sell it.
- They also set up online and offline advertising so that the affected owners may get the news.
- GM also sends people to the houses of the owners so let them know about the GM recall in person. They also schedule a repair for the owner at the same time.
- They also track vehicles that are no longer in use as they scrapped by using the National Motor Vehicle Title Information System to find cars that are not in transit.
- GM will also make sure that the parts get where they are needed as fast as possible and the repairs are done soon.
- Owners who have searched their VIN number will be contacted again by email, phone, or any other support.
- GM will schedule your free repairs with personalized phone calls. GM has a phone service that provides services to all the owners. The call is made so that the owners understand the urgency of the GM recall and schedule their free service as soon as possible.