“GM’s Global Warranty Management system is a comprehensive claims processing solution that makes it easier for dealers to work with GM,” Mike Esposito
The GM Global Warranty Management consists of a process and steps that are related to the market requirements, business practices, and globally common business rules. In order to get a certification, the organization needs to follow a difficult certification process. After the certification, the trained party will be able to quickly process, track, and analyze warranty submissions and claims once the system is fully integrated.
General Motors have been using have specific terminology for all their warranty repair orders. The repair order is referred to as ‘job card’ and ‘job’ refers to one single repair. To refer to the sublets, General Motors uses the term ‘net items. It is better to stay aware of these terms as only these terms will be used for the GM Global Warranty program.
The System features of GM Global Warranty Management System include:
- Simple identification of actions for a vehicle or part
- Comprehensive Vehicle and service history data
- Every write-up checked at Field action
- The whole warranty process completes in 5 seconds
- Real-time claim submissions and Claim memos
- Easy identification of repairs or any other troubled vehicle situations. Wholesale involvement that will reduce the chances of a buyback.
- All data is reviewed and monitored. Automatic submissions of vehicle expiration.
The GM Global Warranty Management will let the dealers use the same tools to analyze the warranty that they use themselves. All other General Motors brands also are handled through the same system. Dealers also get the liberty to set their own rules, which will mainly include the operation, transaction types.
Installing GM Global Warranty Management Application
You can install the GM Global Warranty Management application through the GM Warranty Parameters screen itself. First, you need to verify that the parameters set for the screen are in the correct order before you install the program.
- First you need to select the GM Warranty again and the GM Warranty Parameters screen will open up.
- Then click on the Install Global Warranty option. Then the application setup will begin downloading and You need to install the file once it is downloaded.
- Then you need to open the downloaded file to install the GM Global Warranty Management System. Then the GM Global Warranty InstallShield Wizard will appear.
- The click on the Next button to continue the installation process.
- Then set the installation destination. By default, it will install at C:ASIPGMGWM.
- And then Click Install to continue.
- The GM Global Warranty application will be installed once you complete this installation process. Then find and click on Cancel on the GM Warranty Parameters screen.
- Once done, you can Exit on the Warranty Parameters menu.